Treyarch made the first official mention of Black Ops 2‘s first map pack, Revolution, today. A tweet simply read, “The Revolution will be Tweeted. More details regarding
#BlackOps2 DLC coming soon…”. So, they are still keeping tight lipped, for now. Luckily, though, we’ve already learned just about everything there is to know about Revolution from promotional posters, banners from callofduty.com and Amazon listings.
Today, retailer HMV updated their Facebook page revealing more descriptions for each of the maps along with Revolution’s release date for the PlayStation 3 and PC. UPDATE The Facebook page has since been edited to remove the dates.
The Revolution Pack will include five new maps and a new ‘Peacekeeper SMG’ gun with its own challenges and specs:
- Map 1 – Mirage – A town set in the aftermath of a sandstorm with sand dunes scattered in between buildings with one structure directly in the center; perfect for sniping and creeping up on enemy players.
- Map 2 – Downhill – A Ski Lodge in the French Alps with both an accessible interior and working Ski Lift for transport up the mountain for the perfect cover (or death trap).
- Map 3 – Hydro – This large map is perfect for long distance killing and with working flood gates to block paths/take our enemies, could be the best map in the DLC.
- Map 4 – Skate – This more compact map sees players use ramps and bowls for cover along the Venice, California Boardwalk.
- Map 5 – Die Rise – A new Zombies map set atop buildings that are literally falling apart.
Black Ops 2: Revolution map pack’s release date on the PlayStation 3 and PC is February 28th. It’ll be available on Xbox 360 one month earlier on January 29th.
Check out the trailer here.